We LOVE Kale Salads in our household, and with some egg and smashed avo mixed through and a delicious guilt-free dressing, and simple to make, you’ll love this one.
You can serve this alone (serves 2) or you can use it as a side.
- 4 large organic free range eggs
- 1 large bunch kale, remove leaf from stems
- 2 cups spinach
- 1/2 large avocado – smashed
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon smoked paprika, or sweet paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp himalayan sea salt
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup sliced almonds, toasted (see below)
- 1/3 cup pinenuts, toasted (see below)
Put the eggs in a small saucepan with cold water to cover. Place over medium-high heat and bring to a boil. Remove the pan from the heat, cover, and let stand for 10 minutes.
Drain the eggs and then peel them. (You can cook the eggs a day ahead. Keep them covered in the refrigerator.)
Add kale, spinach almonds, pinch of sea salt to a food processor and grind until finely shredded.
Put the kale mix in a salad bowl.
In a small bowl, whisk together the vinegar, paprika, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and the pepper.
Add the oil and whisk to combine. Drizzle the dressing over the kale, then mix through thoroughly. Add the eggs and avocado to the salad and mix through until nicely combined.
For the pine nuts – put nuts in a small frying pan with a dash of coconut oil and toast them over medium heat, stirring frequently until lightly browned – this should only take a few minutes.
Top the salad with Pine nuts.
Feel free to add a sprinkle of goats cheese for a yummy addition – but it is definitely full flavoured as it is!